1. During the execution of the transaction the Card must be held by the staff member.
2. Inspect the Card by appearance under the “Payment Card Inspection Rules”.
2.1. Make sure that all special Card security features are present.
2.2. Make sure that the Card is not expired.
2.3. Make sure that there are no discrepancies between the Card user and information on the Cardholder on the Card (male/female). As indications to the cardholder’s gender may serve name, surname or address placed before them (Ms, Mrs, Mr).
3. Upon arrival ask the Cardholder to fill out and sign the guest registration card. It must contain the information as follows:
- Cardholder’s name, surname;
- Cardholder’s postal address;
- Room number;
- Dates of stay (from – to);
- Type of payment for the service;
- Cardholder’s card number, expiry date, and signature;
- Reference that the guest undertakes to cover all expenses incurred during their stay at the hotel (should be indicated specific expenses, e.g. for the accommodation, mini-bar, restaurant, bar, telephone conversations, other services) and agrees to the card debiting to cover the expenses. Under the reference must be provided a space for the customer’s signature (the customer should separately affix their signature to confirm compliance with the above provision).
4. Make the authorisation of the transaction by following the POS terminal user’s manual. Make sure that the Transaction is verified by the authorisation code, that the Customer has entered the PIN code or there is a space for the Cardholder’s signature on the slip.
5. Compare the Card number embossed in front to the part of the Card number on the terminal slip.
6. If there is a space for the Cardholder’s signature on the slip, please, ask the Cardholder to sign the slip.
7. Collate signatures on the Card’s signature strip and on the slip.
8. If both signatures and the Card numbers tally, return the Card to the Cardholder with the counterpart of the slip (copy).
If any of the above requirements is not met or you have any doubt that the holder is abusing the Card, please, call Card Processing Centre of Luminor Bank AS on 1880
(from abroad +371 67 17 1880