1. During the execution of the transaction the Card must be held by the staff member.
2. Inspect the Card by appearance under the “Payment Card Inspection Rules”.
2.1. Make sure that all special Card security features are present.
2.2. Make sure that the Card is not expired.
2.3. Make sure that there are no discrepancies between the Card user and information on the Cardholder on the Card (male/female). As indications to the cardholder’s gender may serve name, surname or address placed before them (Ms, Mrs, Mr).
3. Prior to delivery of the rented car ask the Cardholder to fill out and sign the agreement.
3.1. In the car rent agreement the customer shall specify the type of payment for the received service. The agreement should clearly state which party shall cover the insurance, damages, penalties, etc. The customer’s postal address must be indicated in the agreement. The customer must sign the agreement. Upon concluding the transaction must be ascertained physical presence of the Card by making authorisation under the POS terminal user’s manual. Should the customer want to make settlement by Visa Electron or Maestro card, please, inform them that the following extras will not be accessible and that the ultimate settlement must be made by the Card through the POS terminal.
3.2. Prior to assigning the car to the customer fill out the car’s inspection protocol to agree with the customer on its technical condition (which can be confirmed visually).
4. Make the authorisation of the Transaction:
4.1. If the Transaction is executed through the POS terminal, act under the POS terminal user’s manual. Make sure that the Transaction is verified by the authorisation code, that the Customer has entered the PIN code or there is a space for the Cardholder’s signature on the slip.
5. Compare the Card number embossed in front to the part of the Card number on the terminal slip.
6. If there is a space for the Cardholder’s signature on the slip, please, ask the Cardholder to sign the slip.
7. Collate signatures on the Card’s signature strip and on the slip.
8. If both signatures and the Card numbers tally, return the Card to the Cardholder with the counterpart of the slip (copy).
If any of the above requirements is not met or you have any doubt that the holder is abusing the Card, please, call Card Processing Centre of Luminor Bank AS on 1880
(from abroad +371 67 17 1880